French Fashion

It's no secret that I love French fashion! 

I took pictures of people occasionally and I tried to capture the kinds of styles I saw a lot in France. Usually this happened when I was bored waiting at the train station.

I'll start with the men, because I am completely fascinated with the way they're obsessed with scarves. I feel like the concept of men wearing scarves as a fashion accessory doesn't exist in the U.S. Thankfully, in my opinion.

From what I've observed, in France men accessorizing with scarves is something that no one would bat an eyelid at. Except for me.

Ok, the zoom on my phone is really good. I wasn't that close to this person haha.


Another thing I noticed was that they usually make an effort to wear nice shoes.

Scarf+cigarette+shiny shoes= French


I spy pointy toe shoes on the guy on the right!


This last picture is my crowning achievement, because it includes every single thing that I saw French men wear that didn't look American. Purple scarf+purse+skinny jeans tucked into shiny ankle boots.


Not everyone dressed like this...but a lot of people did. 

Nw I'll move on to the French girls! The way they dress wasn't as different from Americans, but they did generally dress a little fancier. One of my favorite things about France is that girls don't walk around in t-shirts, sweatshirts, or sweatpants. I loved that it wasn't weird to just wear dresses and heels in normal life.




You know I love a good hair flower!


If I had to describe the typical 'French girl' uniform it would be a scarf (yes, the girls love scarves too), and a dress with tights or skinny jeans/leggings with ankle boots. Everyone seemed to be obsessed with ankle boots. I may have bought a few pairs myself. I had to experience French culture, right?

So maybe now you have a slightly better idea of what French people look like. You can get that image of a guy with a mustache, a beret, and a striped shirt out of your head. Despite the guys wearing girly outfits occasionally, I would say that France is the 'best-dressed' country that I've ever been to. They just seem to put a lot of effort into what they wear. 

And the shopping there. No words.


Comments

Popular Posts